Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
avinash_kumar_ispg_in
My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: compny

How To detect when scrolling are stopped.

Hi guy,

while i am stoping to scroll the screen that time i want to display one message,how i can detect when scrolling has been stoped.

thanks 

Please use plain text.
Developer
arkadyz
My Device: various
My Carrier: various

Re: How To detect when scrolling are stopped.

Schedule that message display with invokeLater - it will be displayed after the scrolling is stopped.

----------------------------------------------------------
please click 'Accept Solution' on posts that provide the solution to the question you've posted. Don't say "Thanks", press 'Like' button instead!
Please use plain text.
Developer
avinash_kumar_ispg_in
My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: compny

hi ark

Thanks for reply

i have to schedule this message inside scrollchange listner  or what? if i have more than on field on screen i have to detect the position of the field where scroll stoped.

Please use plain text.
Developer
arkadyz
My Device: various
My Carrier: various

Actions scheduled via invokeLater are executed when the UI framework is "idle" - meaning it has finished processing all outstanding UI events and its event queue is empty (except for the invokeLater itself, of course). It means that when the code inside invokeLater runs you can be sure that there is nothing happening on the screen - no scrolling, no repainting of any fields, etc.

If you want to check the manager's scrolling position after each scroll, the most logical place to initiate that invokeLater is inside scrollChanged of a scroll change listener. The exact code depends on what you are trying to achieve, of course.

----------------------------------------------------------
please click 'Accept Solution' on posts that provide the solution to the question you've posted. Don't say "Thanks", press 'Like' button instead!
Please use plain text.