Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

boomerdogis
My Device: Dont Have one yet
My Carrier: N/A

How can I add applications to my Blackberry Smartphone Simulator?

I can't figure out how to add apps to my Blackberry Smartphone Simulator. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How can I add applications to my Blackberry Smartphone Simulator?

[ Edited ]

Easiest way, assuming you are not building them, is to copy the cods into the Simulator directory.

You can also download from a web site using the Browser, add then to a simulated SD Card and install from there, and use the 'File' load Java program options from the Simulator.  I'm sure there are more, but these are the ones that I use. 

Edit:  Forgot to say welcome sorry...  Welcome!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Jane
My Device: Q10 -SQ100-3
My Carrier: Fido (Rogers.com)

hi!   Not sure but could he not also do this if he had the BB Desktop Manager?

DON'T THINK!!!! LOOK!
Please use plain text.
Developer
JCarty
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

[ Edited ]

boomerdogis,

Are you using Eclipse?

If you are, you have to add the project to a Debug/Run Configuration for it to show in the simulator.

You can do this by going to Run > Debug Configurations... or Run Configurations....

If there are no configurations, you can create a new one to your left by clicking on BlackBerry Simulator and clicking the new icon (white page, yellow plus).

Then select your project(s) and click apply then you can either debug or run the configuration.

In the future, you can call this run/debug configuration by using the Run/Debug History in the Run menu or in your toolbar.

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Jerome's point is valid.  I was answering the general, I have an application (i.e. some cod files), how to I add them to a Simulator.  If you are developing the integration to the IDE's simulator tool should be even easier, if not automatic. 

Please use plain text.