Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
ankit2grover
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How can I connect my application to a normal IP?

Thanx a lot ,

ya peter,u r right....i want to develop an application in which i can connect to a site and can retrieve information and provide to my users......almost like umondu.....for connecting my application via WAP gateway,i need APN and IP ,which i have to append them in the URL,but service provider also not providing me these informations.Then,how Umondu is able to obtain those informations?

Is there any other ways also for acessing the WAP Service?......

If anyone in RIM could answer some of my questions .....that if service provider is restricting than how can i connect my application ?........BIS -B,i donot think that application is connecting via them.......if Umondu is using WAP gateway,then how they able to retrieve the information of APN and IP of WAP gateway?..........How third party vendors can develop an application in India then?

Please use plain text.
Developer
ankit2grover
My Device: Not Specified

I would be very glad to others,if you could tell me that what is the right way i should go fo developing my application..........

1. BIS (BUT as told by Simon ,it is not easy to obtain these services)..........?

2 . WAP ( then how i obtain the information of APN and IP of my service provider)..........?

If I cannot go by both the ways,then why applications like Umondo are running (if they are connected via WAP or TCP,then how is it possible?)..........please can anyone clear some of my doubts.......i would be very much obliged........

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook

We do not have documentation on carrier configurations, so I can't comment on whether or not a carrier supports direct TCP connections.

You could make use of a BlackBerry Enterprise Server.  This would allow your application to make socket connections through it regarless of the carrier's configuration (assuming they support BlackBerry Service).

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.