Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Super Contributor
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: Software Programmer

How can i do smilies Editfield and similes CustomField to display the data on screen like BBM and What's App messager.

Hi Friends,

i have a small problem how can i insert custom smiles in my application not depends on Font. in my code i am using some smilies just i want to use those smilies that must display in screen.

here how can i do that means customization of Editfield is there any api support for that or otherwise can i customize the Editfield.

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: How can i do smilies Editfield and similes CustomField to display the data on screen like BBM and What's App messager.

use the search, we have discussed this in depth, but without a good result.
i use a field with custom drawing, custom linebreaks etc etc, but it is still not a very good solution as it lacks select and other functionalities.
(no, i don't have "sample code")
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Super Contributor
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: Software Programmer

Re: How can i do smilies Editfield and similes CustomField to display the data on screen like BBM and What's App messager.

Thanks for the replay simon_hain.