Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
aykarthik
My Device: Not Specified

How can i handled Firewall issue?

Hi Guys,

I have used TCP connection in my application.While running the application device shows warning like this,

"The application "myApplication" has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by the your IT policy".

This is firewall enabled device.

1. How can i disable the firewall programatically?

2. Suppose if i use BIS connection instead of TCP connection in the same device. Will it work properly or will i get the prompt as above?

Thanks,

Developer
johnbibs
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

Re: How can i handled Firewall issue?

Hi aykarthik,

Is your handheld activated under BES? I'm not sure of this but i think BES handsets is commonly know to have this IT policies. (somebody correct me pls) :smileyhappy: 

1. AFAIK, there's no way to disable the firewall programmatically. but you can manipulate the application permission. but that's a different thing.:smileyhappy:

2. Using BIS instead of TCP will not guarantee you that it will work properly because of the IT policy which bounds your handset. 

IT policy cannot be removed by wiping the handheld, so if ever you opted to remove your IT policy, you can use the javaloader:

javaloader -usb resettofactory

Developer
aykarthik

Thank you very much Johnbib.

Its not BES enebled device. It is locked device.

Developer
johnbibs
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

You're welcome. :smileyhappy:

Though i'm not sure i understand what you mean by locked device?  :smileyhappy: 

Developer
aykarthik

I have purchaged new Blackberry device from Maxis.

It is not BES enabled device, but it has enabled the firwall.

I am not  able to disable the firewall.

Thanks,

Developer
peter_strange

Are you positive this is not a BES enabled device.  I did not think it was possible to get this message unless the device was a BES device.  Can you tell us what IPPP Service Records you see on the device?  Is there an Enterprise Activation in the Options?