Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
nurhanisah
My Device: Not Specified

How do I make application auto-run on startup using ANT?

Hi

I wish to make my application to Auto-run on startup. I understand that normally, to have an application run on startup, right-click the project in the BlackBerry JDE and select Properties. Click the Application tab, and check the Auto-run on Startup check box.

However, I am using Ant instead of the BlackBerry JDE. Does anyone knows how to make my application to Auto-run on startup?

Also, I've heard of using the bb-ant-tools (http://bb-ant-tools.sourceforge.net/) but I'm not exactly how can I use it and allow my application to Auto-run on startup 

Developer
pdominique

Re: How do I make application auto-run on startup using ANT?

Hi,

You are in the MDS runtime development forum, you should post in the JDE forum.

Developer
mjnip

Re: How do I make application auto-run on startup using ANT?

You can create your target like this (note the runonstartup property):

<target name="buildRIM" depends="clean" description="Builds RIM Blackberry Program"> <rim jdehome="${jdehome}" javahome="C:\Program Files\Java\jdk${java.version}"> <workspace src="xxxxxx" build="true" update="true" version="2.1" vendor="xxxxx"> <cldc src="xxxx.jdp" title="xxxx" systemmodule="true" runonstartup="true" startuptier="7" description="xxxx" arguments="args" output="xxxxxx" options="-quiet" update="true" alx="true" version="2.1" > <files dir="."> <!--<include name="src/**/*.java" /> when the file was out in the project directory --> <include name="src/**/*.java" /> <include name="src/resource/**/*.*" /> </files> <icons dir="."> <include name="src/resource/**/*.png" /> </icons> </cldc> </workspace> </rim> </target>