Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
compiled_is_better
My Device: Not Specified

How do you delete apps from the simulator?

i did use the search button, and google too for that matter, found a lot of stuff, but nothing for the Eclipse blackberry plugin specifically, and i didn’t get me far. After running the amp, its stuck in the simulator, I'm guessing this is an error because no freaking way should this be that hard to develop for...I don’t even know what files were edited because its stuck there even after deleting my workspace, project and various other edited/new files deep inside the eclipse dir(below) that i found that were titled with my project name C:\Program Files\eclipse\plugins\net.rim.eide.componentpack4.5.0_4.5.0.16\components\simulator So the other issue seems to stem for this one, as soon as I made a change to my first working app, it wouldn’t apply it to the simulator, it kept running the very first version it compiled (compiled it the wrong word, I should say, "interpreted") which brings me to my next point: how they hell does it get stuck on the first version when nothing is every compiled?!?!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Blanc

Re: How do you delete apps from the simulator?

Hi, Welcome!!!

if you want to delete the apps from teh simulator, run clean.bat file present under the simulator directory of the eclipse BB plugin.

Thanks and Regards,
PraveenGoparaju.
Please use plain text.
Developer
BBDeveloper

Go to the Simulator folder and delete the COD files manually.. or you can use clean.bat located inside simulator directory.

Use Search. "Accept Solution" If the problem is resolved.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
compiled_is_better

Thx for the speedy responses, clean.bat worked, but it took forever, but deleting the *.cod files in the simulator dir did not work, what else could i be missing here? Also do i have to run the clean.bat every time i change 1 line of code? I'm just getting start with development here, i want to understand the simulator before starting any work.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
compiled_is_better

looks like it was 8300* files that were also edited, but i had to restore the previous version. It looks like many of them are binary files so there is really no easy way to do this unless you make a backup copy of every file and then restore it, or run the clean.bat and wait 10 years for it to finish......  wonderful. I could systematically go thu and find the exact one, but this is silly.

blackberry: 1

me: 0

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBDeveloper

When you change the code why do you want to use clean.bat? you could use build and run teh latest build will be in the simulator for use.

Use Search. "Accept Solution" If the problem is resolved.
Please use plain text.
Developer
anilsisodiya

[ Edited ]

I agree with BBDeveloper there is no need to delete cod files.Once your code compiled suceesfully then new cod deployed on simulator automatically.

Please use plain text.