Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
shahumang8
My Device: Not Specified

How get Song Title in Online Streaming for Audio?

Hello

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Streaming-media-Start-to-finish/ta-p/488255

i use this type coding so there are not get Song Title so how get Song Title in Online Streaming for Audio??

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Abhijit_RIM
My Device: BB-9700
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: How get Song Title in Online Streaming for Audio?

There is no any direct way to get the song title through streaming media until and unless your server component support one more request to get all details about the song.

One way by which you can get the song title is to parse the MP3 file. MP3 file actually contains a header before the actual media data. This header will have general information about the MP3 file. In that you would have tag information which contains the metadata of the file. In this tag you could get the title information.

Thanks

Regards

-Abhijit

Please mark kudos if you get the solution

Please use plain text.
Developer
rcmaniac25
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.2.1.2174, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.0.700 Dev OS, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.0.700 Dev OS, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

As @Abhijit said, if it's an MP3 you can parse the ID3 tag that sits at the beginning of the file.

Though it wasn't made for streamed files and it wasn't made for anything other then the album art, http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/how-to-retrieve-ID3-art-Image-from-an-mp3-fi... has a parser I wrote that if you read the basic format of the ID3 tags you can easily modify to get the title... and artist, and whatever other tag the MP3 file has though again that is all if you have a MP3 in the first place.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sneha_J
My Device: 8520, 9790
My Carrier: Airtel

Hello,

How to get that ID3 tag??

can you pelase suggest some solution for how to retrieve the headers?

Please use plain text.