Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
click-ma
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: How to Display the content in two lines for ObjectListField

Call setRowHeight method in your constructor.
Developer
myraddin
My Device: 9000 9810

Sure,

Add these lines:

int rowht = listField.getFont().getHeight();
listField.setRowHeight((2 * (rowht))-8);

exactly after you instantiate the list field (right after the: listField = new ListField(); command)

(and remove those same superfluous lines from the drawListRow() method, becuse they are not needed any more)

"Listen carefully, I shall say this only once"
Developer
amsiddh
My Device: Not Specified

as you will have seen my ArticlesListField extends ObjectListField, so how do i go about doing wot u suggested as

int rowht = listField.getFont().getHeight();

returns an error because of

public void drawListRow(ListField listField, Graphics graphics, int index, int y, int width)

Developer
click-ma
My Device: Bold 9700

Try something like this

private class MyNiceListField extends ObjectListField { private int fontHeight = this.getFont().getHeight(); private static final int UPPER_MARGIN = 1; private static final int INTERLINE = 1; private static final int NUM_OF_ROWS = 2; private static final int TEXT_MARGIN = 2; private int rowHeight = NUM_OF_ROWS*fontHeight + UPPER_MARGIN + INTERLINE; MyNiceListField() { super(); setRowHeight(rowHeight); } // Take care of drawing the item. public void drawListRow(ListField listField, Graphics graphics, int index, int y, int width) { int ypos = y + UPPER_MARGIN; int xpos = TEXT_MARGIN; String str1 = "line 1"; String str2 = "line 2"; /* First line: */ graphics.drawText(str1, xpos, ypos, DrawStyle.ELLIPSIS, width); /* Second line: */ ypos += fontHeight + INTERLINE; graphics.drawText(str2, xpos, ypos, DrawStyle.ELLIPSIS, width); } } /* MyNiceListField */

HTH

Developer
myraddin
My Device: 9000 9810

sorry. didn't notice the extended part (silly me).

click-ma showed the appraach in an extended listField class.

The point is not to set the row height every time the row get's drawn because that change will be applied to the next row (thus skipping the first one).

By putting  the setRowHeight(int aHeight) in the constructor you are sure that the call is done once per instatination and before any drawing being done.

So every row will have this aHeight set.

"Listen carefully, I shall say this only once"
Developer
amsiddh

public void setRowHeight(int rowHeight) { rowHeight = 30; };

i wrote the setRowHeight method as above and called the method as below

private class ArticlesListField extends ObjectListField { private Bitmap backgroundBitmap = Bitmap.getBitmapResource("rowBckgrd_grey.png"); private Bitmap focusBitmap = Bitmap.getBitmapResource("rowBckgrd_blue.png"); private Bitmap icon = Bitmap.getBitmapResource("icon_coupon.png"); ArticlesListField() { super(); setRowHeight(rowHeight); }

But i get an error as follows:

cannot find symbol symbol : variable rowHeight location: class RestaurantScreen.ArticlesListField setRowHeight(rowHeight); ^

Wots the issue??

Developer
amsiddh

finally got it working. hopefully no issues should further occur. :smileyhappy:

All i did with the constructor was:

ArticlesListField() { super(); int rowHeight=30; setRowHeight(rowHeight); }