Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
rakesh86shankar
My Device: Not Specified

How to Scroll HorizontalFieldManager which coitiains non Focusable VerticalFieldManagers

Hi,

I am having HorizontalFieldManager ,which contains 2 or 3 VerticalFieldManagers(each having width of Display Width),i am unable to scroll it unless i have something inside VFM which are focusable,or else i am adding the some Empty LabelField (focusable)between these VerticalFieldManagers to make it scrollable horizontally.

Is this way ,or any other method of making it scrollable?

Thanks

Rakesh Shankar

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: How to Scroll HorizontalFieldManager which coitiains non Focusable VerticalFieldManagers

this is the only way to use native scrolling, for other behaviour you would have to implement custom scrolling.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
arkadyz
My Device: various
My Carrier: various

Re: How to Scroll HorizontalFieldManager which coitiains non Focusable VerticalFieldManagers

I would advise using NullField instead of empty LabelFields as it was created with this specific use in mind.

If you want to try your hands at scrolling your managers programmatically, take a look at Manager's (ScrollView's since 6.0.0) setVerticalScroll and setHorizontalScroll methods and ScrollView's setCurrentLocation method. Remember - any setFocus (or automatic focus changes due to navigation movements) checks whether the newly focused field is fully visible and adjusts scrolling positions automatically.

----------------------------------------------------------
please click 'Accept Solution' on posts that provide the solution to the question you've posted. Don't say "Thanks", press 'Like' button instead!
Please use plain text.