Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
saravanaboopati
My Device: Not Specified

How to achive Repeater control / Data grid in Java Development

Can anyone tellme exactly how to create repeater control / data grid control in to the BB application.

Give me the alternate way to obtain the  controls if possible send me sample links.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Re: How to achieve Repeater control / Data grid in Java Development

There is not one that I am aware of - the closest that I know about is the following:

How to - Use the User Interface API to create an editable table
Article Number: DB-00130

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800332/800505/800508/...

I suggest you look round the various resource locations that you can find here:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/resources/

You may find the User Interface articles in the KnowledgeBase particularly useful, see:

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=800505&objAction=browse&s...

Please use plain text.
Developer
saravanaboopati

How to select the  Entire row in the Table and perform update and delete operation in the table ?
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

I'm sorry I have no idea whether you are asking a database question or a user Interface question.

If you are looking for a User Interface that allowed the user to select an entire row, I would look at ListField.  Once a row is selected using ListField, I would display a screen that had the values from the Row.  Then on save, I would update the Row with the new data from the screen.

if you are looking for something that will do this all automatically and easily for you, I suggest you look for another platform.

One final point.  In general, you will get a better answer if you tell us what you have investigated and what problems you have found.  The effort you put in to research a question will be rewarded with a better quality answer.

Please use plain text.
Developer
saravanaboopati

For User Interface . I am looking for similar control if possible / not give me the clear idea.

if possible, Give me some samples.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

[ Edited ]
I suggest you review ListField Javadoc documentation, or details in the Developer Guide, or sample code in the KnowledgeBase or even try the FileExplorerDemo in the samples which uses a ListField.
Message Edited by peter_strange on 10-18-2008 01:12 AM
Please use plain text.