Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
salu088
My Device: 9330

How to add Vertical and Horizontal scrolling arrows in verticalFieldManager?

I am trying to display some text in VerticalFieldManager,I want to use both Vertical and Horizontal scroll in Vertical field manager.

i have user the below code:

final 

VerticalFieldManager verticalFieldManager = new VerticalFieldManager(VERTICAL_SCROLL|HORIZONTAL_SCROLL|VERTICAL_SCROLLBAR|HORIZONTAL_SCROLLBAR)

now i can scroll Vertically and Horizontally,But its displaying only Vertical scroll Aroows,

I want to display both vertical ang horizontal Arrows.

can anyone help me.Its urgent.

Please use plain text.
Developer
arkadyz
My Device: various

Re: How to add Vertical and Horizontal scrolling arrows in verticalFieldManager?

Are you sure there is anything to scroll to on the right? What is your Manager's visible width versus virtual width?

I also suspect that VerticalFieldManager has a different idea about horizontal scroll arrows than a generic Manager. Can't confirm it, though...

----------------------------------------------------------
please click 'Accept Solution' on posts that provide the solution to the question you've posted. Don't say "Thanks", press 'Like' button instead!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
salu088

Re: How to add Vertical and Horizontal scrolling arrows in verticalFieldManager?

yes,

Actually am facing one more problem,in my application inside the verticalfieldmanager i have field for displaying browser contents,when am displaying  the contents text truncation is happening,so i need to implement horizonalscroll

Please use plain text.
Contributor
marKram
My Device: 9800

[ Edited ]

I don't think you can display both. From the API docs:

If VERTICAL_SCROLL_BAR is enabled then HORIZONTAL_SCROLL_BAR is ignored.

Link

Please use plain text.
Developer
arkadyz
My Device: various

marKram wrote:

I don't think you can display both. From the API docs:

If VERTICAL_SCROLL_BAR is enabled then HORIZONTAL_SCROLL_BAR is ignored.

Link

Oops... Good catch!

Anyway - you may want to explore the possibility of displaying your own "scrollbars". Here is a knowledge base article explaining how to display a scrollbar of your own. It deals with vertical scroll but is very easy to adapt to horizontal (or both):

Implementing a standard style scrollbar

----------------------------------------------------------
please click 'Accept Solution' on posts that provide the solution to the question you've posted. Don't say "Thanks", press 'Like' button instead!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
salu088

Please use plain text.