Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
aligs
My Device: Nexus One
Accepted Solution

How to add a field at a fixed position in Blackberry?

I am curious to see if it's possible to display a Field at a fixed position on the screen and at the bottom most layer so any other Manager or Field paints over it, except the background of the Screen. As if that field is added to the background of the Screen, but is displayed on top of the actual background that can be set using Screen.setBackground(). Is there any specific Manager that can achieve this? Or a combination of them? As far as I can see there can't be overlaps between Manager layouts. Is this true?

Please use plain text.
Developer
arkadyz
My Device: various

Re: How to add a field at a fixed position in Blackberry?

Pretty much impossible to achieve with the BlackBerry built-in managers (not sure about AbsoluteFieldManager, available since 6.0.0 API). You can write your own Manager, but be ready for a tough journey.

You might try searching for LWUIT - it does have this concept, I just don't know whether it is fully ready for BlackBerry.

----------------------------------------------------------
please click 'Accept Solution' on posts that provide the solution to the question you've posted. Don't say "Thanks", press 'Like' button instead!
Please use plain text.