Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
PaoloLim
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

How to allow for keyboard injection? (7290)

I am using a 7290 with handheld software v4.1 and developing on JDE v4.1.  I am attempting to end a call when the user is promted, and it appears to work properly on the simulator.  However, the device does not allow me to set the permission for keyboard injection even after wiping/reloading the policy.bin.  Is there any reason I cannot change this permission?
Please use plain text.
Retired
mkirkup

Re: How to allow for keyboard injection? (7290)

Paolo,

This is a function of the Application Control capabilities on the BlackBerry device.  On the device, you are restricted from changing this permission if your IT administrator has set the permission to false for all applications or as a default setting.  You can contact your administrator to modify this setting on your particular device.

Mike Kirkup
Director, Developer Relations
Please use plain text.
Developer
PaoloLim

[ Edited ]

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your quick response.  The device we have is a secondhand device that we got for testing.  As far as I know it isn't linked to a BES, nor does it have an IT policy.  Is there any way to rid myself of the Application Control? 

Thanks.

Message Edited by PaoloLim on 07-21-2008 03:32 PM
Please use plain text.
Retired
bzubert

In 4.1, if the device was ever connected to a BES, the only way to configure this application control was via BES policies, and can be done as listed below:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04219&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Using javaloader from JDE 4.3.0 or JDE 4.5.0, you can reset the device to its initial permissions set up, using javaloader -u resettofactory

Brian Zubert
Technical Partnership Manager
Research In Motion
Please use plain text.