Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
doomsknight
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: 1234
Accepted Solution

How to aquire a developer BB10 Phone?

At the end of last week, we dropped Blackberry 7 OS development for android, as it just too problematic, running only JavaME. The file reading was slow when done on a rapid basis, and the webservice, although faster, didnt compare at all to the android speed.

Now I hear the new BB10 Developer phones are out, and are been given free to developers. Is there any way to get hold of one? It could provide the speed increase hoped for. 

I have no interest in a simulator, as that is what my app was origionally built on (for OS 7.0) to find out it was so much slower on teh real thing (OS 7.0 BB 9860). 

I am not registered as a developer to put my apps on the app world, as our apps are sold to councils and the likes. Not the general public. And as such they prefer blackberry for security reasons, but are deciding to drop them from circulation and go for android.

I would be very interested in finding out. As it could bring life to this project on the blackberry.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
avish
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Virgin

Re: How to aquire a developer BB10 Phone?

Hi,

Unfortunately, it is for only developers who are registered and in BB10 JAM program this week. The only other way is wait for someone to sell it in ebay. Untill now I have only this information, keep checking crackberry.com for any further updates. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
doomsknight
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: 1234

Re: How to aquire a developer BB10 Phone?

Thanks for the info. Its a bit far to go from the UK ;p.

It was worth asking though. I put a lot of effort into blackberry OS 7, to be dissapointed. Its a dieing breed. A high quarterly loss.

I hope the QNX does bring them back. But for me its over to the android. Good luck BB.

Please use plain text.