Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
Raposo
My Device: Not Specified

How to awaken the method openProductionBackdoor a background application

Hello:

How do I run openProductionBackdoor method when the application is in background?

Similar to (Alt + ESCR).

What interface listener do I use?.

Thanks by you help.

Please use plain text.
Developer
webmasterpdx

Re: How to awaken the method openProductionBackdoor a background application

I think you'd have to change application selection to bring it to the foreground. I'm assuming you have tried it and it didn't work in the background and it did work in the foreground (if you didn't try it....try it first....and let us know).

I don't think it can absorb events unless it is. The only other way that I can think of is if you have control of the app in the foreground. Then you might be able to capture this key sequence in the foreground app and then send it to the background screen. But that would be kinda pointless (you might as well process it in the foreground app).

I'm not sure if I've helped you at all. I think you might be stuck. I haven't messed around with this kind of thing and judging from the responses, neither have too many others. I suspect that you'd have to do what I said above.

Good luck.

-Donald

Please use plain text.
New Developer
Raposo

Thanks webmasterpdx.

Another approach:

Does anyone know how to make an System module that listen keystrokes?

This app not use UI.

Greetings.
Please use plain text.
Developer
webmasterpdx

I think so. I'm currently trying to see how to convert applets to midlets or just blackberry apps (midp/cdlc). One little class I came across was the KeyListener class. Often in javaSE you get applets that implement runnable AND keylistener.

I'm thinking that your screen could implement keylistener and possibly could get access directly to certain keys. I can't remember if your BB is a storm or not. There are some custom Blackberry classes for handling the virtual keys. If you are using a BB with a keypad you might be able to do something there. Again, though, you may run into problems if the foreground app is also listening.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook

An application is only able to listen for keystrokes when it is in the foreground.  Background applications will not receive these events.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.