Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
srini123
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

How to connect Intranet site from BlackBerry Browser

Hi,

I need to access Intranet site. please guide me to configure settings of TCP/IP in blackberry Device. I need access DB which is SQL server. Guide me how to access inIntranet site which is accessing SQL DB.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to connect Intranet site from BlackBerry Browser

[ Edited ]

I am not 100% clear what you are asking, there are a number of possibilities.

In general intranet sites are associated with corporations who have a BES.  The BES sits inside the firewall, so BlackBerry users can access the intranet site directly. 

If you are not talking about BES users, then access to the site will be from the Internet, so there has to be some sort of 'hole' that lets the traffic in to the internet site.

In addition, there is no direct way to access SQL data, regardless of where it might be.  Search the forum for references to SQL - the question "how do I access my SQL data?" has been asked many times before.

If this doesn't help, please ask a more specific question or give us more information explaining what you are trying to do. 

Edit:

Just noted that you say you are connecting using the Blackberry Browser.  BlackBerry Browser is the one normally used for BES devices (as opposed to the BlackBerry Internet Browser, which is the BIS device browser).  But this all changed in OS 6.0 and now everything is done using the Web Kit Browser.  So did you mean BlackBerry Brwoser specfiically or just a Browser running on a BlackBerry?

Please use plain text.
maxkansali
My Device: 8300 Series
My Carrier: JDE

Re: How to connect Intranet site from BlackBerry Browser

Hi,

I tried to downlaod BES but got message like "Downloads of this software are not yet available in your country due to regulatory reasons. Please check back for future availability." for india.

can you send me download link for india?

Thanks 

Please use plain text.