Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
divit
My Device: Not Specified

How to develop tha applciation for Storm

Hi all 

I want to develop an application for Blackberry storm , i have already developed the application for blackberry 8700 and 8800 hand set

please tell me will that same application willl work on storm 9500 vodafhone ????

or do i need to develop the different applictaion for storm devices ??? if it is yess then please can i get the related link to start development on storm

please help me 

Regards

Divya

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBDeveloper

Re: How to develop tha applciation for Storm

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/javaappdev/javadevenv.jsp

Use Search. "Accept Solution" If the problem is resolved.
Please use plain text.
Developer
divit

I required the procedure and small example how to start developing the application on storm

Please use plain text.
Developer
Blanc

I think 8700 and 8800 are supported by 4.6 OS, and storm is  supported by 4.7OS, no doubt  u can install your app into the storm.

there is no need to change the code, but as the screen resolution for 8700, 8800 are different with screen resolution of storm which is of 360*480, so you need to change the design of your app accordingly.

Thanks and Regards,
PraveenGoparaju.
Please use plain text.
Developer
divit

but my application icon is not visisble in storm simulator i tried to execute the application (that is already built for 8800,8700) but the application icon is not visisbel on strom simulator......

i downloaded storm simulator 9500 Vodafone and tried to execute on it but the application is not loading on to the storm simulator  please help me

Regards

Divya

Please use plain text.
Developer
saravanaboopati

Please check the application icon under the Downloads Folder in the storm. Surely, It will load the application. 8800 application cod file will support higher version of the OS 4.7. Only thing if you run the cod in lower version it wont load in to the Sim. Always some design issues will be there since each device as different resolutions of  the screen. Run the clean.bat for the Simulator folder. and try again to install the cod.

Please use plain text.
Developer
divit

i want to execute the application on simulator 9500 Vodafone but its not installing on simulator (application  runs on simulator 8700 and 8800) please help me 

is in different way need to build or to load the  application for storm simulator please tell me how can i load the application 

please help me

Regards

Divya

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBDeveloper

It is the same way you load it for other devices. If your Storm device profile is selected in JDE and if you build and run, the application will be installed in the Download folder.

If you want to load manually, use the File option on Simulator application and Load java application. You will be able to see the application on Download folder.

Use Search. "Accept Solution" If the problem is resolved.
Please use plain text.