Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
prax83
My Device: Not Specified

How to differentiate the req coming from mobile & desktop URL to call a web app?

Hi

I have a web application up and running.Also we are going to support for Blackberry for the first time..But can any one tell me how can I differentiate between mobile URL and desktop URL.???

Do I need to keep 2 separate web application on the server or what ??? Since the display for both mobile and desktop are different.

Or I need to keep 2 different URLs to call the same web page....??

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBDeveloper

Re: How to differentiate the req coming from mobile & desktop URL to call a web app?

Hi,

You can use one URL and differentiate the request using HTTP header agent information.

Developing separate web application depends on the device and its browser capabilities.

Tnx.

Use Search. "Accept Solution" If the problem is resolved.
Please use plain text.
Developer
prax83

Re: How to differentiate the req coming from mobile & desktop URL to call a web app?

thx for the quick reply...
Please use plain text.
Developer
prax83

Is there any sample code or any example on this ??? so that I can try... am new to this

Thx in advance

Please use plain text.
Developer
marchywka

See the earlier posts with a link to a document on profile and x-profile headers. But, it really depends what

you are trying to determine and remember anything can be faked. The request headers are normally the thing you look at and the most relevant would be:

Accept

UserAgent

x-wap-profile

x-wap-profile-diff

Please use plain text.