Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
dkumar
My Device: Not Specified

How to display Application cursor?

Hello,

How do I display application cursor( e;g. small black arrow) in my application while moving the trackwheel?

Thanks,

-Dillip

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Re: How to display Application cursor?

Normally focus moves between Fields when you use the TrackWheel (did you mean Trackball?), so each Field displays focus.  This is a little like using the Tab key in Windows, the focus jumps.  There is not the concept of the mouse pointer like there is in Windows, except in the Browser.  So I'm not sure there is any value in displaying this "application cursor".  

Why do you want to do this?

Please use plain text.
New Developer
devSpring1

I would also like to have the cursor appear in my game app. The value is that the user can select focusable items with the trackball and cursor versus having to traverse through all items to get to the one they want to select.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

I was under the impression from the first post, that the requirement for a cursor was for a normal BB application.  Gaming is a different requirement.  You are presumably painting the entire screen yourself, so it should be easy for you to display a cursor - it is just a bitmap you can draw.  If you are using standard BlackBerry UI components (EditFields, Labels and Checkboxes for example, then this is more difficult, because you probably don't want to loose the functionality built in t standard focus traversal.

Please use plain text.