Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: 9500 series

How to get APN Settings

Hello All,

Is There any way by which we can get apn settings pragmatically,

I have read several threads, but they are saying to manual enter apn setting by accessing network MNP code.

But how can i get the apn setting detail manually for all networks world widely.

Is there any way by which we can get apn settings pragmatically.

i need to use apn setting for live streaming in my app.

I am looking forward for your kind help.

Thanks

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to get APN Settings

"Is There any way by which we can get apn settings programatically,"

No.  Sorry. 

Developer
My Device: 9500 series

Hi Peter ,
Thanks for your reply ,

But if there id no possibility to access APN setting What should i do to add apn manually , if my application is going to used everywhere.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

You have quite a few options including:

a) Ask the user to input the APN information and use it directly:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development-Knowledge-Base/Specify-APN-information-for-a...

b) Ask the user to input APN details to the Options.  I believe you can, in later levels, actually check if APN has been specified. 

c) Create a table for wireless operators and the APN values that you should specify, include this with the App, and use it.  This may not be that hard, for example in the UK there are only a few carriers and so I can check the carrier and supply the APN details.  And if you get a new carrier, then just add it to your table, and send the user the updated cod. 

d) as above, but put the details on the SD Card - then you can simply get users to download the latest list and put it in place. 

I am sure you can think of variations on all the above to suit your specific requirements.