Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
demon_xxi

How to get BlackBerry ID programmatically?

I just found out that AppWorld does not transfer non-consumable virtual goods when user does switch. Even though same blackberry id is used, no exiting purchases found. 

As docs say I need to take care of licenses mysel. But here comes the question iis if there is any way to get current BlackBerry Id used by Payment Services. 

Anyone knows trick how to get it except of asking the user (which regular user won't answer correctly no most cases)? 

-Sergey

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Albert_Anks
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: How to get BlackBerry ID programmatically?

You talking about blackberry Development account ID or Blackberry device ID?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
Feel free to press the kudos button to thank the user that helped you
Please use plain text.
Developer
Eugen
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

[ Edited ]

He is talking about Blackberry user ID which is used for AppWorld authentification.

I remember that it's availble in BBM SDK but I'm not sure if user can use different accounts fro BBM and AppWorld.

Please use plain text.
Developer
rcmaniac25
My Carrier: Verizon

I have no experence with the BBM SDK but based on what Eugen said, I downloaded it and looked at the samples and API docs and it seems you need to first create a BBMPlatformApplication. Once you do that you register it and get a BBMPlatformContext. With that you can call

context.getUserProfile().getPPID()

and get a unique ID for the BBM instance that will be the same across different devices. This sounds like a BlackBerry ID but might be a BBM specific ID.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Ebscer
My Carrier: Verizon

The payment API lets you get previous purchases, which is a much cleaner way of doing what you are trying to do.

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
Please use plain text.
New Developer
demon_xxi

Ebscer, I wish it was that easy.

I was using this approach and then realized that  AppWorld does not carry digital goods purchases to the new bb device when user do switch. Tou can get user's previous regulat purchases on new bb but not those for digital goods. 

This is actually bad surprise from RIM since this makes most used scheme of free/paid app implementation impossible or at least not that easy as it should be. 

Here's what documentation says for License type non-consumable:

You must also make sure that digital goods are still available if the user reinstalls the
application or switches devices. Digital goods aren't automatically restored, so it's up to
you to make sure that users can download these digital goods again

Please use plain text.
New Developer
demon_xxi

Thanks rcmaniac25, I still need to test if this the same id but this won't work for me as solid solution because not all users choose to do BBM Connection for the app. So it will not work for everyone most likely. But should cover most cases I think.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mariezinzin
My Carrier: orange

Hello,

did someone get a response about this problem ?

I succeed to get the email of the owner :Rolleyes:, but did not succeed get the  the email use for blackberry world :No:.

Please use plain text.