Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
Deepu_George_Jacob
My Device: Curve 9380

How to get database data in assenting order ?

Hi all,

I am tried to get data present in data base as assending orender, But i can't get it. I followed the query shown below, Whats wrong in my code.

Statement  statement = database.createStatement("SELECT * FROM Tname ORDER BY Name COLLATE NOCASE ASC");

Any help will be appreciated .

Thanks

Deepu George Jacob

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to get database data in assenting order ?

I had a chuckle at your subject:

"assenting" means agreeing.  I presume you meant ascending.  I recommend you use the spell checker before you post, then other things like this"assending orender" which are confusing won't slip through...

Anyway, thanks for the chuckle, but we had better try to help with your questions.

I don't know SQL very well, but it would surprise me if it did not do exactly what you told it to do. 

Can you give us an example of the base data you have (specifically the Name column values), what you expect to get, and what you do actually get.  Then people with more knowledge of SQL can look at it and see where the problem is in your SQL statement. 

Developer
Deepu_George_Jacob
My Device: Curve 9380

Peter,

Thank you for your response. It is working fine in greater 5.0 OS.
please check the query followed .

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Unable-to-retrieve-data-in-sqlite/td-p/25595...

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

" It is working fine in greater 5.0 OS."

That would have been useful information to include in your first post.

Can you give us an example of the data that is causing a problem.

I believe there were some issues with non LATIN-1 characters sets in earlier SQLite versions on BB phones.  Giving us an example would help confirm if this is the problem.