Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
varon_juan
My Device: Developer- 9800, 9780, 9300, 9700, 9105, 9900, 9360
My Carrier: Wind

How to get information of data transfer from the device (if possible) ??

Hello to everyone!

I was wondering if there is any possible way to get the information of the amount of data transfer (bytes) that has been done from the device. Something similar to the 'PhoneLog' class where it is possible to get the amount of minutes used in each call.

I found out that 'RadioInfo' class offers two methods:

'getNumberOfPacketsReceived()'  and  'getNumberOfPacketsSent()'

but two things I couldn't find information about:  

- it's packets sent/received since when ?

- is this information just for the application...  or in general for the device?

I'd be grateful if someone could point me to an example where these methods are used, as I wasn't able to find one,

and also to know if in fact it is possible to get this kind of information (amount of data transfered) from the device? (if not with these methods maybe through another api call?)

thanks to everyone in advance!

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to get information of data transfer from the device (if possible) ??

These figures are in bytes, and, as far as I am aware, they are the amount of traffic.  But there are a few things you need to be aware of, which have been discussed in previous Threads.  I would search for

getNumberOfPacketsReceived

to find a quite a few other Threads that have discussed this API and its restrictions. 

Please use plain text.