Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
roxburd
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

How to get rid of .debug files?? Causing app error 603?

Hi,

I have two projects, one of which produces various files including a .cod, a .jar and a .jad file; this app deploys and runs fine on the device.

The other produces various files including a .cod file, several .debug files and a .jad file. The .jad refers to the .cod and the .debug files... except it says they are .cod files... when they're not, they're .debug files. I can only get the app to deploy to the device by manually removing all mention of these .debug files from the .jad.

This app crashes with an app error 603 and the device bombs badly.

I'm hoping the 603 is due to these .debug files / my hacking around to remove them.

I've looked everywhere to figure out how to get the second project to build without the .debug files - I can't see any difference between the two project build configurations. Can anyone advise how to stop the build generating these .debug files?

Thanks!

Dave

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Re: How to get rid of .debug files?? Causing app error 603?

Your app is producing sibling cod files, and the jad correctly references them.  You don't see them because they are hidden in the cod file.  Search the forum and the documentation for sibling to find out more. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
roxburd

Re: How to get rid of .debug files?? Causing app error 603?

Thanks Peter,

The .debug files and the 603 were completely independent.

And you were spot-on about the location of the .cod files, thanks,

Dave

Please use plain text.