Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
sonusr
My Device: Not Specified

How to include a ultralitej database to blackberry application?

Hi All,

Is there a way to include ultralitej database along with the blackberry application. So that I can avoid an initial mobilink synchronization for the static master tables. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks & regards

Sonu

Please use plain text.
Developer
RexDoug

Re: How to include a ultralitej database to blackberry application?

You can use PersistentStore to implement something that will work.

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBDeveloper

You just need to install teh ultrlitej COD file to your BB device, and import the ultraliteJ classes in your application and you should be able to save the data and synchronise the data.

Give a look at the UltraliteJ document, they explained it step by step. It should not be a problem.

Use Search. "Accept Solution" If the problem is resolved.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
sonusr

Thanks for the help.

I will explain my problem little more clear.

As per my current scenario, when the application is invoked at first time, I am creating the database, the table schema etc. After that I invoke the synchronization process to load the data into my tables. Since some of my master data tables have large data, the sync fails on the device regularly (in my test). But working fine in my simulator. So I am thinking to include a ultralitej database file (with my schema and all the master data’s). So that I can avoid an initial sync. But I didn't find any solution for adding an ultralitej database file to  blackberry application. Is it possible?  If yes, please help me.
Please use plain text.
Developer
BBDeveloper

I dn't think this feature is supported. Gone thru UltraliteJ doc, didn't see anything related.

Please use plain text.
Developer
baskaraninfo
My Device: BB 8320

@ sonusr

If this problem occurs only at initialization sync, then you can split the huge master data tables into sevaral sub-tables and combile them using queries later on.

Just a thought of mine. Sorry, if it does not helps you. 

Use Search. "Accept Solution" if the problem gets resolved.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
nekin13

Hi form this forum i came to know that you have experience using the ultralitej cod file along with blackberry application.

i have one problem in this. i have developed one application which is using ultralitej.cod file, everything is working fine in simulator. to load ultralitej.cod file in simulator first we LOAD it from FILE menu. then load our application.

so i just need to confirm from you that for running my application into real device will i need to LOAD ultralitej.cod file in same way as i did in simulator.

acutally i want to hide the process of loading ultralitej.cod file from end user. 

any idea ?

thanks

nekin 

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBDeveloper

Yes. you ahve to load ultraliteJ.cod to device. But loading can be done using Javaloader or Desktop manager software.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
kamala

hai

I am new to bb.any link which helps a beginner with creating a simple database application for blackberry

kamala

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBDeveloper

Can you plese tell more about what kind of DB application you looking for.

If you are looking to save the simple data on device side you can use the Persitant Store.

You can find more about persitance store inbelow developer Doc, section storing persitanet data.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables/608/BlackBerry_Application_Developer_Guide_Volume_2.pdf

If you are looking for something like storing more data and Sysc capabilities there are commercial products avaialble like ultraliteJ. Or else you can define your own component depending on your requirement.

Please use plain text.