Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
austinfrance
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

How to install 9000 simulator into JDE for Eclipse?

The JDE for Eclipse 1.1 (gold) doesn't seem to ship with the 9000 simulator.

I have a reported display issue on a 9000 device so would like to test the application in this specific simulator.

If I use the eclipse update site and select a different component pack (eg 4.7.0) and select next, I get an error:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.

Software being installed: 
BlackBerry Component Pack 4.7.0 4.7.0.46 (net.rim.eide.feature.componentpack4.7.0.feature.group 4.7.0.46)  

Missing requirement: 
BlackBerry JDE Plug-in for Eclipse 1.0.0.67 (net.rim.eide 1.0.0.67) requires 'bundle org.eclipse.jdt.core [3.4.0,3.5.0)' but it could not be found  

Cannot satisfy dependency:    
From: BlackBerry JDE Component Package 4.7.0 4.7.0.46 (net.rim.eide.componentpack4.7.0 4.7.0.46)    
To: bundle net.rim.eide 0.0.0  

Cannot satisfy dependency:    
From: BlackBerry Component Pack 4.7.0 4.7.0.46 (net.rim.eide.feature.componentpack4.7.0.feature.group 4.7.0.46)    
To: net.rim.eide.componentpack4.7.0 [4.7.0.46]

It wants the old version of JDE for Eclipse.  Do I have to maintain a separate install (and therefore separate project) for 4.7.0 component pack support?

I have found BlackBerry_Simulators_5.0.0.411_9000.exe available for download but how can I install this so it's usable in eclipse?  Do I just install it into the correct folder and it will all magically work? (after working out what the correct folder is ofc).

Or is it just not possible and I should just run the 9000 simulator outside of any debugger?

Please use plain text.
Developer
macdan

Re: How to install 9000 simulator into JDE for Eclipse?

You can skip Eclipse and just download the simulator.  After the download, install.  Then go to program files, Research In Motion and select the simulator and it will start.  Then in the simulator, go to 'file' and load java program and then browse to your cod files and it will install the app into the downloads folder.  Then you can test.

Please use plain text.
Developer
austinfrance

Yes I realise I can do that, but I want to debug with eclipse not just run the code.

Can I connect eclipse to that running instance?

Please use plain text.
Developer
macdan

I've not tried. but if you are running that simulator with your app and have Eclipse open. Try debug, on that running sumulator:  Click the drop down on the little green play button and choose 'run as' and choose the running simulator.

Please use plain text.
Developer
austinfrance

Ok, that works, thanks.

Please use plain text.
Developer
macdan

You are very welcome.:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.