Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to integrate existing java app with BBM ?

Some answers:

1.  Don't know.  You should be able to.  I'm sure you have done all these things but I would check the following again:

• that both SImulators are running exactly the same level of your app,
  • that you have the correct BBM MDS running,
  • that they can talk to each other using BBM,
  • that you apps are connected on both Sims, and that the SDKDemo project works correctly between the two Sims. 

As noted previously, I have had some issues, but if I leave the Sims up, they sort themselves out.

2. I think you will find that you don't have to do this every time.  If you don't change the app, it will not ask the question again.  BBM decides if it has seen your app before, and uses some hash of your actual connecting cod to do this I believe (only a guess, really not sure how).  Anyway, whenever you change you app (i.e. recompile with more code), BBM will ask the user again if you are allowed to connect.  This is just like it will do in the wild when the user updates your app - he/she will be asked again if your app is allowed to connect. 

3.  Once you app is on App World, the UID in the app is ignored.  It will use one that App World/BBM generate for you.  As far as I know, the app does not get to know this ID.  There is more on this in the BBM documentation somewhere. 

4. See 3 above.

5.  See the dependency checker here:

http://us.blackberry.com/developers/blackberrymessenger/

I've created an alternative to these too:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Alternative-BBM-Dependency-checker/ta-p/1491...

Developer
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi,

I have managed to communicate b/w the 2 SIMs :smileyhappy:

I have have few Q as I am not sure I doing this correctly or not.

What I am able to do :

1. connect and register with BBM on startup

2. set user's personal message

3. send invite to download to other simulator

4. open popup to send file/image to other simulator

Now the Qs :

1. Registration to BBM takes place every time I change my code. Will this happen every time with user using my app or this is one time registration?

2. I can see other simulator name coming while sending download invite but not when sending any file or image. Why I can't see contact in simulator?

3. Am I missing any service implementation which would automatically sense my invite status and add contact to the list ?

4. I only require to have file sharing functionality in my app. Whic services do I require to have in my app?

I am only using platformContextListener to fetch BBM context out of the 4 mentioned here

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/36637/Defining_service_listeners_1489649_11.js...

I am not using any other service like messaging, channel or session.

Thanks

Abhinav Tyagi

Blackberry Z10-Limited Edition
Blackberry Playbook (won in free playbook offer)
My Apps : pAinT, HealthMeter, Shoot
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Some quick answers.

1. No, it will happen on every version change though. 

2. Not sure

3. I've not found a way to automatically process any invitations, even invitations from my app to another user using my app still seem to require the user to go into BBM and Accept. 

4. The BBM SDKDemo has code for this.