Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
Blanc

How to made this.....

Hi am working on 5.0, and have issues with BrowserField. the following am attaching the image of the issue.

The BrowserField in 5.0 is taking the white background as default, i just want to make it transparent, for this i passed

HTML content with transparent background. but no luck. it is not useful. can anyone suggest me how to make this possible..

its an important requirement for our project.

Thanks and Regards,
PraveenGoparaju.
Please use plain text.
Developer
hades_6

Re: How to made this.....

Hi praveen,

I would like to know if you can use Wifi when using the browser field? if yes, could you please show me a segment of the code?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Blanc

I  didnt tested it in device... i think you have different question other than the O.P.?

Thanks and Regards,
PraveenGoparaju.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Blanc

any help!!!!!????????

Thanks and Regards,
PraveenGoparaju.
Please use plain text.
Developer
rcmaniac25
My Carrier: Verizon

I never used the BrowserField (want to, never got to it yet) but I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that you could need to enable CSS/JavaScript to access some features which is understandable. Because of this the Browser (on 5.0 where those are enabled by default) can display it as expected but the BrowserField they are off by default and thus won't show up properly. How do you do this? As stated before I haven't used the BrowserField so don't know, sorry.

*I really have to catch up on learning some of these thing...*

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Blanc

Thanks for your reply, as you suggested i will try for enablilng the CSS/JAVASCRIPT.

but in the html we are not using any of the CSS/JAVASCRIPT. it is just raw HTML.

Thanks and Regards,
PraveenGoparaju.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Astarot82

At least in OS 5.0 you can't make the background transparent. The BrowserField inherits from Field a method to set it but doesn't work (not transparent, not any color); but it does have a method to set the color of the background. It seems like the BrowserField will always draw the background with the color that you specified or default white so you can't make it transparent.

I've tried using CSS, transparent image background, etc. and nothing works.

The only workaround I know is taking a snapshot of the screen below and use it as background BUT it will not work if you put the BrowserField in a PopupScreen and it needs to be scrolled...

Please use plain text.
Developer
arkadyz
My Carrier: various

Astarot82 wrote:

The only workaround I know is taking a snapshot of the screen below and use it as background BUT it will not work if you put the BrowserField in a PopupScreen and it needs to be scrolled...

It will work if you draw the background properly, taking into account vertical and horizontal scrolling position.

Take a look at the comments in the following article:

Use a background image in the application screens

----------------------------------------------------------
please click 'Accept Solution' on posts that provide the solution to the question you've posted. Don't say "Thanks", press 'Like' button instead!
Please use plain text.