Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
virajdasondi
My Device: device
My Carrier: airtel

How to make Facebook native app like Navigation bar at top in blackberry java

[ Edited ]

fbnative.png 

I thought that navigation bar is in the banner section but not sure about it and also also if we have many screens then by this way we will need to make banner in all screens..

On button click from navigation panel opens selection of buttons and by selecting them opens that screen.

I am new in blackberry development.So any idea of how such navigation works or how to implement facebook app like navigation will be much helpful.

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: How to make Facebook native app like Navigation bar at top in blackberry java

[ Edited ]

i don't have a clear picture of the facebook app, maybe you could provide a screenshot?

but i suspect that it uses a tabbed view. That would be a container in the main area instead of new screens which is exchanged by clicking the buttons or areas.

edit:

with the screenshot provided: that looks like a screen or popupscreen with transparent background that is pushed

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
New Developer
virajdasondi

Re: How to make Facebook native app like Navigation bar at top in blackberry java

Thank youfboptions.pngfbnative.pngfbnotifications.png for the suggestion..

Actually as i have provided in the snapshot there is one Navigation bar with facebook name and logo at top which remains in whole app regardless of any screen like profile,news feed,settings..and clicking on it opens a semi transparent screen with options to navigate..

So first that navigation panel with name and logo is singleton as per my understanding. but all screens are different.

How to implement such pattern?

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

you can have either a new instance of the title bar on every screen or, a bit better, use a single screen and replace only the main content container.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
New Developer
virajdasondi

Thanks again.. I am trying for some different ways to achieve this thing..once i get some satisfactory result will post it
Please use plain text.