Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
sunil_garlapati
My Device: Not Specified

How to register work email account in a BlackBerry simulator.

Hi I am new to this Community and also new to this domain.

I require that the BlackBerry’s registered email be used as an authentication mechanism for the application such that the user never has to manually enter a username/password.

I am using JDE 4.5, Jdk 1.6, MDS 4.1.2.

Please help me to register work email account in BlackBerry simulator and with this email address how will i implement authentication for a custom application.

Thanks in Advance.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
ebourne

Re: How to register work email account in a BlackBerry simulator.

For a user registered with a BES you can have the email address returned in an http header for specific domains (such as your internal servers only).  See this knowledge base article for details:

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800738/800792/801079/How_To_-_Add_an_email_address_and_PIN_to_HTTP_requests_from_the_BlackBerry_Mobile_Data_Service.html?nodeid=1221441&vernum=0

For this to work with the simulator, you will have to register your simulator with a BES (not the MDS Simulator, it will not do this).  Additionally, the simulator will only let you work with the simulator default email address and pin. Its usually simpler to build your sample and deploy it to a real device (such as your personal one) in order to test the authencation method in my experience.

cheers

Ed Bourne
Sr. Application Development Consultant
Please use plain text.
Developer
sunil_garlapati

Re: How to register work email account in a BlackBerry simulator.

Thanks ebourne for the quick reply.

Please use plain text.