12-02-2011 05:23 PM
right now, our product team asks me to change the product name from one name to another, I changed the title at the eclipse project properties and thought that that's about it. So the COD file name was still same as before.
Then I found out that I were wrong. The name at the options->application list is still have the old name. Then I change the COD file name (the JAD file name is also changed with it) and thought that I would be ok this time.
I was proven wrong again. The name at over the air download link still shows the old name and I found out that at the JAD file the MIDlet-Name stll has the old name and browser would use that name. At the options->application list, it still show the old name. So I have to change the MIDlet-Name name to new name. However I could not find a way. at the project descriptor xml, there is one tag called MainMIDletName, I changed that to new name:
<Application Type="BlackBerry Application" MainMIDletName="" MainArgs="gui" HomeScreenPosition="0" StartupTier="7" IsSystemModule="false" IsAutostartup="false"/>
However it doesn't seem help as well. After search, I found this link, however it doesn't say exactly how to do this without change the project name which I really want to avoid to do:
Do I have some choices here? Any help would be highly appreicated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-05-2011 05:21 PM
To have the "MIDlet-Name" property of the JAD renamed you will need to rename the project. The output file names can be changed through the BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml > Build (tab) > Output file name (field).
12-07-2011 01:35 PM
In the end, I changed my project name which turns out to be not that hard.
We are using SVN. I branched off the project top folder with new name (no need to branch off if you want to change on the original location, for me, when I started, I don't know what to expect, so I branched off to minimize the impact to other developers). And then manually edit the file .project to have the new name as well. And then I added a blacbkberry project from existing source at the eclipse (deleting the default files which eclipse would generate for creating a project). Then I am on the way to go. I also changed the cod file thru the following:
BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml > Build (tab) > Output file name (field).