Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Trusted Contributor
pli
My Device: Bold
Accepted Solution

How to rename the MIDlet-Name at the JAD file at eclipse

Hi, expert,

right now, our product team asks me to change the product name from one name to another, I changed the title at the eclipse project properties and thought that that's about it. So the COD file name was still same as before.

Then I found out that I were wrong. The name at the options->application list is still have the old name. Then I change the COD file name (the JAD file name is also changed with it) and thought that I would be ok this time.

I was proven wrong again. The name at over the air download link still shows the old name and I found out that at the JAD file the MIDlet-Name stll has the old name and browser would use that name. At the options->application list, it still show the old name. So I have to change the MIDlet-Name name to new name. However I could not find a way. at the project descriptor xml, there is one tag called MainMIDletName, I changed that to new name:

<Application Type="BlackBerry Application" MainMIDletName="" MainArgs="gui" HomeScreenPosition="0" StartupTier="7" IsSystemModule="false" IsAutostartup="false"/>

However it doesn't seem help as well. After search, I found this link, however it doesn't say exactly how to do this without change the project name which I really want to avoid to do:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/How-to-rename-JAD-in-JDE-Eclipse-without-ren...

Do I have some choices here? Any help would be highly appreicated.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: How to rename the MIDlet-Name at the JAD file at eclipse

Hi,

To have the "MIDlet-Name" property of the JAD renamed you will need to rename the project. The output file names can be changed through the BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml > Build (tab) > Output file name (field).

Regards,

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
maadani
My Device: 9700

Hi,

Try building your project with Ant & BB_Ant_tools.

It worked for me.

E.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
pli

Thanks for the suggestion.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
pli

In the end, I changed my project name which turns out to be not that hard. 

We are using SVN. I branched off the project top folder with new name (no need to branch off if you want to change on the original location, for me, when I started, I don't know what to expect, so I branched off to minimize the impact to other developers). And then manually edit the file .project to have the new name as well. And then I added a blacbkberry project from existing source at the eclipse (deleting the default files which eclipse would generate for creating a project). Then I am on the way to go. I also changed the cod file thru the following:

BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml > Build (tab) > Output file name (field).

Please use plain text.