Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

How to retrieve GlobalEvent GUID's for 3rd party apps

Is there a way to log or know the GUID's for 3rd party apps so that an app can respond to 3rd party events in the eventOccurred() method?

I realize this is not possible to BlackBerry messenger and have been trying to see if ApplicationManager, ApplicationDescription, RuntimeStore or CodeModuleManager etc.

I am trying to respond to BlackBerry messenger message incoming and outgoing events (apparently not possible) and other 3rd party events (messages going and coming etc)

Thank you for any help.

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

Re: How to retrieve GlobalEvent GUID's for 3rd party apps

What do you mean by respond to events?

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
New Developer

For any messenger program (BlackBerry messenger or 3rd part messenger program) I am trying to know when there are incoming messages. 

Thank you.

Developer

So do you know they use GlobalEvents?

GlobalEvents are a method of communication within one BlackBerry, not between Blackberry devices, so it would seem to me very unlikely that any messenger type application uses them.