If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
VivekAgar
My Device: 9700
Accepted Solution

How to run multiple simulators run on different PC's

I am  working on a application in which I have multiple clients communicate through BBM ,imam using BBM sdk 6.o

it has only two simulators , I have tried to run another simulator instance on a different PC modifying simulators batch file parameters, setting up IP address of computer where MDS is running.also changed  app-param=regSrcPort =9784,and also changed pin of this instance.

my simulators bat file(sim3.bat) is like this

fledge.exe /app=Jvm.dll /handheld=9800 /session=Sim1 /app-param=JvmAlxConfigFile:9800.xml /data-port=0x4d44 /data-port=0x4d4e /pin=0x2100000A /app-param=regVersion=3 /app-param=regDestIP=(ip address of pc where MDS simulator is running) /app-param=regDestPort=19781 /app-param=regSrcPort=19784 /app-param=DisableSyncServiceRecord /title="BlackBerry 9800-3 Simulator"

but communication is not proper, i can only receive message but unable to send from this instance....

can any one help me how to communicate b'w all these instances of simulators...

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: How to run multiple simulators run on different PC's

This is not supported.  Both BlackBerry smartphone simulators should be running on the same PC.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
VivekAgar

hey,

i have solved it, actually i forget to set Mds config parameters

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/25813/Run_the_MDS_Simulator_1347972_11.jsp

Before you begin: Complete the task, Configure the BlackBerry MDS Simulator to use unlimited strength encryption. If you are running the BlackBerry® MDS Simulator on a different computer than the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator, in therimpublic.propertyfile (by default, located in C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 6.0.0\MDS\config), change theUDP.send.host

value to the IP address of the computer running the BlackBerry MDS Simulator. 

this was only issue...

now it communication is perfect . b'w multipal instances of Simulators on Different Pc's.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
ianbowles
My Device: Not Specified

Sorry but I don't quite get this... if you have multiple PC's running simulators and the MDS running elsewhere - which I would like to do also - which ip address do you put in the config file? Can you elaborate a bit on your setup please?

Please use plain text.
Developer
VivekAgar

[ Edited ]

go in Mds installation folder find the config folder you will see a file Rimpublicproperty, a property file for MDS simulator , change the property UDP.send.host= localhost to UDP.send.host= <Ip Address of MDS Running Computer>

and inside Sim1.bat file change as in above post

fledge.exe /app=Jvm.dll /handheld=9800 /session=Sim1 /app-param=JvmAlxConfigFile:9800.xml /data-port=0x4d44 /data-port=0x4d4e /pin=0x2100000A /app-param=regVersion=3 /app-param=regDestIP=(ip address of pc where MDS simulator is running) /app-param=regDestPort=19781 /app-param=regSrcPort=19784 /app-param=DisableSyncServiceRecord /title="BlackBerry 9800-3 Simulator"??

this will solve ur problem...

==========================================================================================

please mark posts as solved if you found a solution. Don't say "Thanks", press Kudos (white star on the left) button instead! 

Please use plain text.
Developer
ratheeshrkurup
My Device: JDE
My Carrier: JDE

thanks
Regards
Ratheesh R Kurup
Please use plain text.