Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
Mark-PMI
My Device: 8320

How to stop Eclipse from loading old apps on Simulator

I am using Eclipse Version: 3.4.1 Build id: M20080911-1700 and JDE 4.5. I have several small test midlets that I have used to learn about the APIs. I do not want them compiled and installed on the simulator while I work on my application.

I went into Applications -> Modules and deleted all the modules. Then I deleted all the projects (not the code) from eclipse I don't want. I then restarted the simulator and the modules were gone. However, when I started the debugger, all the deleted projects came back!

How do I configure a project to not be installed when I run the debugger and/or the simulator, short of creating a new workspace for each project?

Thanks,

Mark

New Developer
balebaron
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to stop Eclipse from loading old apps on Simulator

I've had success running the clean.bat file in the simulator directory of the component pack you are using. For me it would be: 

C:\eclipse3.5\plugins\net.rim.ejde.componentpack4.5.0_4.5.0.21\components\simulator\clean.bat

That should put the simulator back to it's original state. When you launch your app from Eclipse again the other apps will be gone.