Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to stop the receiving of the emails in the device through programming?

We are potentially splitting hairs here, but for me your solution does not stop emails arriving on the device, it merely gives the illusion that they have stopped.  Also it does not restart, getting the stopped emails in the Inbox, the user has to take some action.  So it does not prove that it is possible to stop and restart email delivery.  It is a workaround, at least for me.   

In my bus example, this would be like giving the buses an invisibility cloak so that the residents didn't see them.  They are still there.  But the residents requirement was that the buses were stopped, not made invisible.

Developer
Developer
CMY
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook

Re: How to stop the receiving of the emails in the device through programming?

You are right, and even in the description of my application I make sure to tell users it does not completely block emails (ie stop them from incurring data charges, etc) but only stops them from being notified of them emails and noticing them. But in my experience, most people are satisfied with just the "appearance" of correctness.