Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
Tejbarbhaya
My Device: 9600
Accepted Solution

How to use device as Simulator.

Hi All,

Can any one tell me how to use device (connected with my development pc) as simulator.

Every time i have to check  the appilcation in device by signed the .cod files that is compliled in simulator.

Because ,  i got the outofmemory error in device rather then simulator.

So any solution that without signed how can i check my application direct to device itself. Any setting in Preferences or etc..

Thanks,

Tejas

Tejas Barbhaya

Logistic Infotech
tej.barbhaya@gmail.com
www.logisticinfotech.com
Developer
icefrost1
My Device: Curve 8310

Re: How to use device as Simulator.

Hi

You need to sign the .cod file first, then deploy to the device (OTA or Desktop Manager). Then you can attach the device to the debugger and it will function the same as simulator.

If the .cod is not signed, it won't work. Also, if you modify the code you need to sign and deploy again, otherwise the debugger won't work.

I don't think there's a better solution, I believe this is what we all do.

Regards

Lionel

Give kudos if somebody helps you, also mark accepted if it solves your problem. Search first, then post. Please respect RFC-1855 when posting on forums.

Developer
rcmaniac25
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.2.1.3253, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.997 Dev OS, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.997 Dev OS, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.0.1418, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917

The only way you would not need to sign the COD is if no controlled classes/interfaces are used. The easy way to tell is to open up the SignatureTool and see if your application requires signing. Otherwise what icefrost1 said is pretty much the solution.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Developer
Tejbarbhaya
My Device: 9600

Finally conclude that , there is no way to install and properly run application in device  without signed the .cod files.

Regards,

Tej

Tejas Barbhaya

Logistic Infotech
tej.barbhaya@gmail.com
www.logisticinfotech.com