Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
kiheyt
My Device: Blackberry Gemini 2 3GS
My Carrier: Indosat IM3
Accepted Solution

How to work Blackberry Java or Webworks with PHP?

Hi I am new in Developing Blackberry Application.

I would like to ask?

How can i pass a value from PHP to blackberry application?

Example:

When (Blackberry application) click a button then it will automatically receive a (field) of value from PHP / website.

So the Website will pass a value like (Name:Harry) and then the field of the blackberry application will show up "Harry" in the text box. Thanks

And also which one should i use Blackberry Webworks or Blackberry Java? So i can able to create the logic from above. Thanks so much blackberry developer support forums

Please use plain text.
Developer
maadani
My Device: 9700

Re: How to work Blackberry Java or Webworks with PHP?

In order to get data from a web service (PHP or any other language), you should first create a connection to your server.

The connection and the data transferred are usually independent from the server (especially when it's HTTP) as the connection is based on known standards and the data is transferred as bytes (which are numbers o it does not really matter in which language you are coding).

In Blackberry you can either create a connection to the server to pull data or establish a "push" connection, in that case, your client is always connected, and the server sends the notifications to the client.

To read about the first option, just look for "http connection" in the forum (there are about 1000 different threads).

To read about the second option, look for "push" or "push notifications" and also take a look here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Push-Development/Sample-applications-demonstrating...

Regarding the second question, I don't have enough info to help you. Perhaps if you would elaborate on your application, we could help you some more.

I hope that helps,

E.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kiheyt

Thanks maadani

That helps me a lot
:smileyvery-happy:

I think i would better use native java.

Please use plain text.
Developer
maadani

Good luck!

Please mark as solved if this thread is close.

E.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kiheyt

Sure i will

There is another question i would like to ask
I just download the ECL_Java.zip

at the link you gave me.

And it have server and device folder contain in bin folder

For example if i want to it be able to run in PHP server? What should i do? should i copy the code in the PHP?

Thanks so much maadani

Please use plain text.
Developer
maadani

Copying the code in the PHP probably won't work as it Java code.

Check your server to see if it supports Java or Windows and download the relevant version.

In general, the common servers which supports Java by default are: Apache, Tomcat & JBoss and of course, Windows server supports .Net by default.

E.

Please use plain text.