Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Visitor
My Device: 9930

Http Basic Authentication HELP

[ Edited ]

i think i get what dontayeb is saying cos i have exactly the same problem. i created a *.PHP file and placed it in my server. i send request to it through a GET method and it replies me. the application gets the responce. the response i get is an *. XML format. THE PROBLEM i want to get certain information from the result like user ID, username, password, etc. i want to store the ID in the persistent store so i can use it while the user is logged into the bb app ------i can do that OR simply tell me how i can verify that the username and password sent by the user logging in to the app is correct and how i can xtract the text in a particular node of the xml responce. thanks for ur reply.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Http Basic Authentication HELP

Welcome to the forums.

Can I recommend that you learn to use the Search box, which is near the top right hand side.  You well find that most of your questions have been asked before, so this is a quick way to find the answers/

You might find this useful:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Use-the-XML-Parser/ta-p/445210