Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
bb2010
My Device: 8300

Http Error 401:unauthorized

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am trying to Hit a Sharepoint URL in the BlackBerry Browser when we Hit the same URL in the Internet  Explorer a Pop-up will appear and will ask the Username and Password and it is working fine in WEB BROWSER ON THE DESKTOP. But when I access the same URL in the BlakcBerry Browser then the Pop-up is not appearing and a Erro rmessage is shown Stating "Http Error 401:unauthorized access. Problem occures loadin the page....."

But when I enter the same URL in the BlackBerry Simulator Browser then it working fine and shows the Pop-up to enter username and password and goes in side.

Developer
bb2010

Re: Http Error 401:unauthorized

Any Clue...

Developer
bb2010

[ Edited ]

Still I am unable to get the Pop-up when I hit the URL in the BlackBerry Browser. I also cross  checked in the BlackBerry Browser Options and the POP-UP Blocker is not checked, and the Pop-up for entering th user authtication is not Displaying...Pls help wht might be the other options.

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

i would suggest that you use a transparent proxy like tcpmon to protocol the exchange, probably the response code is not 401, otherwise the browser would show the popup.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
bb2010

[ Edited ]

If I load the same URL in the iPhone safari then then Pop-up is displayed and its able to Login/authticate. But the probelm is in the BlackBerry the POP-up for Username and password is not shown