Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Http connection not working from my j2me application.

[ Edited ]

I am pleased you have this working soumya_rout.

One final note.  The code provided by omar123456789 to supply the connection suffix is a reasonable example of code like this - you will find many variations on this if you look round the forum and the internet.  But be aware that it will not try direct TCP, nor in a BES environment, will it attempt to use BES.  The later is likely to be a problem if you ever try to sell an application into an Enterprise since Enterprises can force all BlackBerry traffic to come back through their own Servers - in other words BES/MDS might be the ONLY wireless communication method supported.

I am not criticizing the code, rather I am suggesting that it is not a complete solution. So don't just cut and paste this code into your application and expect it to work, you should research this properly so that you understand the code, the choices it is making and the problems it might have. 

At the very least, understand this

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Different-ways-to-make-an-HTTP-or-socket-con...

Please use plain text.