Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
kyle_g
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

HttpConnection errors

Hello all,

I have a J2ME MIDlet which requires the use of the network through the use of HttpConnection. The handset prompts me to allow or disallow network access. I choose yes to allow netowork access, the arrows in the upper right corner of the screen indicate network activity, however, theprogression of theMIDlet never occurs and reports a problem with the networ. I know that the networking code works, as I have tested the MIDlet on other j2me handsets as well as other emulators. Is there some sort of permissions that I need to enable or additional signing needed??

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: HttpConnection errors

What error or exception is reported?
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Developer
kyle_g
My Device: Not Specified

Re: HttpConnection errors

The exception returned was a ConnectionClosedException.

I actually narrowed it down. What was happening was the blackberry handsets did not like to access the DataInputStream returned from the Connector after the connection was closed. All other handsets don't care if the connection was closed. Instead, I had to write out the DataInputStream to another DataInputStream before the connection was closed so I could access it later.

Please use plain text.