Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
goranzarkovic
My Device: Blackberry Bold

Huge Clean.bat error

So I am getting a huge error when running the clean.bat in the simulator file. This applies to all JDEs and it is very annoying and I was just wondering if anyone else runs into teh same issues.

So when I run clean.bat it does what it is supposed to and cleans out everything but when I go back in my simulator and click "Build All and Run" it gives me an error that says

1852i89CC376B548558F2

And it seems the only cure for this that I have found is to completely uninstall and install the JDE again. Is there something I am missing?

Thanks,
G

Developer
RexDoug
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Huge Clean.bat error

can't see the attachment.

Contributor
goranzarkovic

If the image is not visible, it says

"Unable to start simulator. Check that the file exists. (java.io.exception: Cannt run program "C:\Program" (in directory "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\Blackberry JDE 4.5.0\simulator"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified)"

Developer
RexDoug
My Device: Not Specified

Seems like the BAT file that executes the simulator is getting corrupted?

Can you take a look at it and see what is going on?

"C:\Program" looks like it should be "C:\Program Files\........"

Contributor
goranzarkovic

See I dont think that is the problem it seems like clean.bat removes EVERYTHING from the simulator folder meaning even the "device#".bat that is supposed to be in there to initiate the simulator, What I have ended up doing is actually closing all of my workspaces and uninstalling all my JDEs and reinstalling them, then I took and copied my simulator folders after the fresh install and kept them on the network drive so whenever i want to clean up the simulator folder i just delete the whole folder and replace it with the one on the network drive.

Its an annoying workaround but clean.bat is destroying my simulator folder, and I cant be the only one with this issue because this error was repeated on 2 computers one that was running Vista 64bit and the other running windows 7 32bit.

Visitor
shanka
My Device: Blackberry 8130

Hi,

Even I face this issue.

I use the bb-ant tools to build my project. The Simulate target (which directly launches the simulator: 9550.bat for example) works fine.

But when I try to use the debug target (which launches the jdwp.bat) and launch the default simulator from there, I encounter this error

Any clues on how to fix this?

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

try to install the jde in a different folder, for example in c:\jde. it may fix problems with the virtual paths in the newer windows systems.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter