Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
ankityadav4u
My Device: 9700, 9550, and JDE
Accepted Solution

I/O Error: Cannot run program "jar": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

I/O Error: Cannot run program "jar": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

why is that error, how to resolve???

available on: Monday to Friday, Indian standard (day) time : )
  • Give kudos by clicking on the star icon to say "Thanks!" if you feel this response is helpful.
  • Click "Accept as Solution" if this post was what you needed. so that people who are trying to help will not waste their time reading a thread where no help is needed.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ankityadav4u

Re: I/O Error: Cannot run program "jar": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

and more, this process succeed if i delete 1 recently added class......

• Give kudos by clicking on the star icon to say "Thanks!" if you feel this response is helpful.
  • Click "Accept as Solution" if this post was what you needed. so that people who are trying to help will not waste their time reading a thread where no help is needed.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jprofitt
My Device: Not Specified

Re: I/O Error: Cannot run program "jar": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

Open up a command prompt and type "jar" in there. If you get a file not found error then you need to check your PATH i Environment Variables and make sure you have one pointing to the location of jar.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ankityadav4u

location of which jar file??

Please use plain text.
Developer
jprofitt

The file jar.exe. For exampe, I have a copy of it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_24\bin

Please use plain text.
Developer
ankityadav4u

thnks it worked............ but can u tell me what was the reason, as the project was running fine earlier, but after adding 1 file it stucks........... does it not need jar file earlier,??? y??

Please use plain text.
Developer
jprofitt

I could be completely wrong about this (someone correct me if I am) but I think that it has to do with when it needs to split up the compiled files. Adding that extra class probably put it over the edge of where it had to do so.

Please use plain text.
Developer
RexDoug

I think the most common cause is the length of the command line passed to JAR.EXE from the RAPC processs...if there are too many files in the build, the generated command line gets truncated.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
GaneshPachpind
My Device: 7185

ya solved my problem by adding system variable path to jdk bin folder :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
leewilliams
My Device: 9360 | 9900 | 9100

Iv done all of the above and still get the error grrr!

I put this in my system path

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_22\bin

where the jar.exe is but it still displays:

C:\Projects\Rim\qrReader\src\com\usingnfc\qrReader\Mainscreen.java:41: Warning!: member data 'MultiFormatReader mMultiFormatReader' not required in class: com.usingnfc.qrReader.Mainscreen

along with ALOT of the same lines!!

any ideas cause it is driving me up the wall!

Lee

Please use plain text.