Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
KallyP
My Device: Developer

I developed blackberry application on simulator, which file is used to transfer this application to blackberry device.

Hello everyone, I  developed blackberry application. This application is tested on simulator but now I want to test it on actual device. I have no idea which file is used to transfer application to device .cod or .jar or .jad file? Or is there any further additional configurations are required for trasferring to device?

Thanks..

Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

Re: I developed blackberry application on simulator, which file is used to transfer this application to blackberry device.

What platform did you develop for?

Since you are mentioning Java file extensions I'm going to assume that and ask a mod to move this post to a more appropriate forum, you have posted in the Built For BlackBerry forum which is actually for discussions about apps applying for an approval mark.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: I developed blackberry application on simulator, which file is used to transfer this application to blackberry device.

the application itself is the cod file.
to install it OTA (as a download) you use it with the jad file (which is a descriptor)
to install it with desktop manager, BES etc you use the alx file (another descriptor).
with javaloader you can use jad+cod or only the cod

most likely you develop with eclipse, you can just choose "run on device" and the plugin does all the work
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Developer
KallyP

Thank you simon hain sir for reply. But I read some tutorial about code signing keys. Is it compulsary to have code signing keys to install blackberry application to device?? or just we have to install cod file in device.

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

all applications that run on a real device (and not in debug mode) need to be signed.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Developer
KallyP

Hello, I register code keys and I got 2 .csj files via email. Now I am configuring that files with ecilipse by

Window-->Preferences-->Blackberry Java Plug-in-->Signature Tool-->Install New Keys

but it allows only .csi files. What will be next steps to do with .csj files?