Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
bbvasan
My Device: pearl8100
My Carrier: airtel
Accepted Solution

I dont have any APn settings

Hi,

I am getting error java.io.IOException: Invalid tunnel name while attaching to debugger .I dont have any tunnel/apn setting .I am working on gprs connection for connecting my webservice.So can somebody help me how can i change this error.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please press the kudos button on the left side to thank the user that helped you.
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: I dont have any APn settings

I presume you are using

";deviceside=true"

I typically find APN details by Googling for them, they are specific to your carrier (network provider).

Please use plain text.
Developer
bbvasan

Hi,

i am not using device side true.But when i check as you said in mobile log there is no such exception.But when i attach to debugger i get such exception.So cant understand.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please press the kudos button on the left side to thank the user that helped you.
Please use plain text.
Developer
RexDoug

The simulator emulates a BES environment. If you are running the app on a non-BES device, your code probably won't work, unless you have coded the application to detect the network connection type and pass the correct URL parameters that are appropriate to the transport.

The error you got basically says that you are not setting up your APN and/or URL parameters correctly. My advice is to use ";deviceside=true", and either add the APN parameters (specific to your carrier) in the URL, or set the APN in the device TCP configuration.

If you search the forum, you willfind that your particular issue is reported probably 100 times per week by newbie BB developers. You might also want to review the Peter Strange sticky thread regarding communications.

Please use plain text.
Developer
bbvasan

Hi, As you said if i want pass apn setting in URL .How can i pass it?The vodafone customer care guy confirmed the APN as 'blackberry.net' .I set in APN setting even though no improvement.
Please use plain text.
Developer
kanna

[ Edited ]

This will help you...

Specify APN information for a direct TCP connection

Here you can find the APN settings for all countries

http://www.webmessenger.com/support/APN.jsp

---------------------
Best Regards,
Kannabiran.
---------------------
Don't forget to mark your post as solved if you got answer. And give kudos.
Please use plain text.
Developer
bbvasan

Hi ,

thanks.I dont find vodafone india apn settings anywere.And also thanks for updates to specify apn information for direct TCP connection.Will test and get back to you.

Please use plain text.
Developer
bbvasan

Hi,

One more question without APN is there any way to connect to application.If so please say me that path too.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Re: I don't have any APN settings

As I understand it Vodafone India does not support direct TCP.  Search the forum for other entries that have discussed this and the options available to you. 

Do you have the WAP Browser?  If so, you can use WAP.  Documentation on how to use it is included in here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Different-ways-to-make-an-HTTP-or-socket-con...

Please use plain text.
Developer
bbvasan

Re: I don't have any APN settings

Hi,

Thanks peter.When i tried with BSNL india it worked fine

Please use plain text.