Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
srk2012
My Device: BlackBerry 8520
My Carrier: Airtel

Iam new to java programming .I have started Java apps development and able to build the sample XML Demo given in the Eclipse SDK Version: 3.7.2 for BlackBerry OS

Iam new to java  programming . I have started Java apps development and able to build the sample XML Demo given in the Eclipse SDK  Version: 3.7.2  for BlackBerry OS 7

I have run the example on the blackberry simulator also and it is working fine.

My query is  I want to parse a xml  or xml.aspx  file or url containing my channel links and images etc   similar to the  parsing of  

"bookstore.xml"

as done in the example   XML Demo

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Iam new to java programming .I have started Java apps development and able to build the sample XML Demo given in the Eclipse SDK Version: 3.7.2 for BlackBerry OS

Welcome to Java!

Not sure what you are asking, can you please restate your question.

Please use plain text.
Developer
srk2012

Re: Iam new to java programming .I have started Java apps development and able to build the sample XML Demo given in the Eclipse SDK Version: 3.7.2 for BlackBerry OS

My main query is "   I want to build  a Java App   which works on the concept of xml parsing.

My App works as a Live TV app where users can watch Live Tv channel videos.

Please help me in building such application.

I worked and Run the XML demo on the simulator    today.  I have installed    the Java eclipse  SDK also along with simulator.

Please use plain text.
Developer
srk2012

How to parse a url which is in xml.aspx fomat containing channel names , links and images for a Live Tv based Java application

How to parse a  url  which is  in xml.aspx   fomat containing   channel names ,  links and images  for a Live Tv based Java application?

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange

Re: How to parse a url which is in xml.aspx fomat containing channel names , links and images for a Live Tv based Java application

@srk2012 This is your second post in this forum for Native Apps (C/C++/Cascades) there is a separate forum dedicated to Java programming.

I've asked the moderator to move this one as well.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Re: How to parse a url which is in xml.aspx fomat containing channel names , links and images for a Live Tv based Java application

[ Edited ]

@BBSJDEV - This does appear to be a Java question, so perhaps it is in the right place.

@OP - I still don't get what you don't understand.  XML parsing is provided by the OS, and it seems you have already tried this out.  Understanding and interpretting the content of the XML is up to the application program, i.e. up to you.  If you know what each of the attributes or elements is, then you just write the code you need to process that.  To understand what you are sent, you need to review what the Server is supplying you. 

If this is some standard format, then you might find someone else has written something to help - I would search elsewhere for that. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

peter_strange wrote:

@BBSJDEV - This does appear to be a Java question, so perhaps it is in the right place.

i got it moved already.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
ankur_siwach
My Device: Blackberry Developer
My Carrier: Aircel

try this...for XML Parsing in BB java development...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Use-the-XML-Parser/ta-p/445210

------------------

Preess like if it 'll help you...

----------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
Please use plain text.
Developer
srk2012

Thank you it would be more helpful if you can provide me a full code relating to  media based parsing like

I have a url which in xml.aspx containing channel names, images and links orchannel  urls    which is to be parsed and later  user  can click the channl image and play the channel video.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Can you confirm that you have read this (from previously):

"Understanding and interpretting the content of the XML is up to the application program, i.e. up to you.  If you know what each of the attributes or elements is, then you just write the code you need to process that.  To understand what you are sent, you need to review what the Server is supplying you. 

If this is some standard format, then you might find someone else has written something to help - I would search elsewhere for that. "

Please use plain text.