Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9550
Accepted Solution

Implement Pinch-zoom in blakcberry

Hello,

Blackberry support multitouch. However, the SDK is very limited.

All I can found is  getMovePoints() returning the trace of each finger.

I would like to implement a pinch zoom (zoom by movement of 2 finger) like iPhone in my application.

I have some questions:

- Is it legal to have this feature on my application? There is rumor that pinch zoom is patented by Apple :smileysad:.

- If yes, do you have any suggestion about how to recognize gesture from the trace returned by getMovePoints()?

Thanks in advace

Hai

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9550

Re: Implement Pinch-zoom in blakcberry

Regular Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Hey...why you post for iphone when we want to know about blackberry .....we can get alot of post for iphone.....plz help in blackberry development....

Developer
My Device: Torch (9800), Bold (9930)

[ Edited ]

Considering RIM's own native application for viewing pictures implements the same functionality, I doubt there is an issue with implementing it yourself.  Their latest APIs allow you to determine pinch gestures, so you should be fine.

-T

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click "Accept as Solution" if this post was what you needed.
Give kudos by clicking on the star icon to say "Thanks!" if you feel this response is helpful.
Developer
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.2.1.3253, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.997 Dev OS, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.997 Dev OS, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.0.1418, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917

If you are developing for 6.0 and higher you can use the native pinch-soom gesture, otherwise I had actually used that website to develop my own pinch-zoom system for BlackBerry.

http://pdfrend4bb.codeplex.com/

Go to Source Code->Click "Browse" on the right0hand side->PDFViewer->com.sun.pdfview.ui->GestureField.java

If you use it and find any bugs, please send me a PM with information on it.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.