Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
matejR
My Device: Storm 9500

Import errors

Hi,

I am new to this forum and also new to java development for blackberrys.

I have a source .java files from an application that I want to adapt. After I import these files from zip-archive into a new blackberry project an error and a warning come up. As normally this application already works I do not know why this happens...

error: "the method getRowHeight() in the type ListField is not applicable for the arguments (int)

code where error is: int h = getRowHeight(index)-1;

warning: the Field DirectoryExplorerScreen.DirHandle._displayPath is never read locally

code where warning is: private string _displayPath; -> is in private class DirHandle...

I hope you would understand my problem, otherwise please tell me if more information is needed (I work with Blackberry Plug-in for Eclipse with component package 4.5)

thank you!

Developer
Rajat_10Sep
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Import errors

Hi,

regarding your error,

getRowHeight() in class ListField do not take integer as its arugement, so instead of using getRowHeight(index) ,just use getRowHeight(), it will solve your problem.

Please let me know if you have any more queries.

Regards,
Rajat Gupta.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your problem was get solved then please mark the thread as "Accepted solution" and kudos - your wish
Developer
Blanc
My Device: Not Specified

just to add to Rajat,

there is setRowHeight(), which takes integer val as input.

list.setRowHeight(yourHeight);

Thanks and Regards,
PraveenGoparaju.
New Contributor
matejR
My Device: Storm 9500

Thank you for your quick replies. I will try this when I get home. I just do not understand why are errors and warnings there if I just only importet source files and not even startet to change this application...