Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Incoming call menu

Hi

Is there any way to either:

(a) add my own menu items to the incoming call menu which usually has Answer/Ignore?

(b) or if I paint my own screen on top of the incoming call screen (using suspend/paint), if I then add a menu to my screen will it show up if Menu is pressed while call is ringing?

In either case if user chooses the menu items that I added can I have it come to my application?  (AGAIN, all of this is while incoming call is still ringing) 

Thanks

Jay 

Developer

Re: Incoming call menu

Neither of these features exist, but what you *can* do is set up a phone listener so that your app is notified of the incoming call.

New Developer

Re: Incoming call menu

Yes RexDoug, I already have a phoneListener, and I am even painting a screen on top of the incoming call screen. But I need to show my own menu options while my custom screen is up there on top of the default incoming call screen. Currently I am using MenuItem to override makeMenu and adding my own menu items out of my custom screen, but when i press the Menu key while the call is ringing, the menu doesnt appear.